
Kenny made all my dreams come true when he proposed to me on March 9, 1996. I don't remember a word of the actual proposal, but I do remember he was very nervous and I was very surprised. After a few minutes of me sitting there with my mouth hanging open in shock and amazement, he looked up at me with big brown eyes and said in a pleading voice, "Well, aren't you going to say anything??" (Did he think I'd say "no"????!!?) With a "yes" answer, we rushed back to my apartment to tell my mom (who just happened to be visiting) and my sister. I tried to be sly about hiding the ring, but it was pretty obvious by our faces what had happened. Mom could tell right off. Since my sister had just gotten married, we joked about my dad going into the poor house. Mom was excited to have something major to plan for again...I found a dress that same weekend and we started making plans right away for a June wedding.
No comments:
Post a Comment